From breakfast in bed to homemade cards, here are five cute and creative ways to pamper your Mom on Mother’s day!
- Breakfast in Bed with a twist!
– With a plethora of options to choose from and what could possibly be hours spent on Pinterest trying to find the perfect recipe, these Pancake Skewers are not only fun to make but also add a little touch of whimsy that your Mom is sure to appreciate. With a short ingredient list and easy preparation instructions, serve these bite sized treats with warm maple syrup!
- Your favorite pancake mix (like Bisquick) or recipe
- Syrup or vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Assorted berries
- Skewers cut in half
Whip up some pancake batter and use a measuring spoon or cantaloupe scooper to make your mini pancakes on a griddle. If you are having little ones help serve, you might put a few drops of vanilla in the batter to sweeten up the pancakes. If not, feel free to drizzle syrup galore. Have your kids help you stack a few mini slap jacks on a skewer. Shake some powered sugar over the batch. Then top each stack with yummy seasonal berries.
- Beverages Galore
– With breakfast taken care of, how is one expected to choose between coffee, tea and juice? Depending on her beverage preference, start the morning with a nice cup of coffee. Instead of presenting it in a regular coffee mug, try presenting it on a decorative tray along with a cute, colorful mug. Pour the coffee into a French press to give her the option for more. Follow the same guidelines for juice and tea. It might seem like a lot of work, but presentation is everything!
- Pretty Little Things
– The beauty is truly in the details and is especially so on Mother’s Day! Flowers are always a show stopper for any occasion but going beyond the cliché of flowers in a vase, why not get creative? The mason jar picture frame adds the perfect personalized touch! The supplies needed for this are: one clean mason jar, paint (whatever color you prefer), paint brush, vinyl shape or sticker and picture, painter’s tape and clear spray paint. The instructions are fairly easy to follow but for those who are more visual learner’s here is the direct link (www.homestoriesatoz.com/crafts/mason-jar-picture-frame-vase.html) for the website.
~Step One: Place vinyl or painters tape over jar and paint to create picture frame window.
~Step Two: Cut a picture to size and attach to inside of jar with painter’s tape.
~ Step Three: “Distress” the lettering of the jar by taking a metal file and scraping off the paint where you want the lettering to show.
~ Step Four: Seal the outside of the painted jar with clear spray paint.
~ Step Five: Place a paper cup inside the jar to hold the flowers; otherwise your picture will be ruined.
- A Homemade Card
– There really are no limits to what you can and can’t do when it comes to homemade gift cards. Depending on the age of your kiddos, supervision might be needed. Some common supplies for cards are: scissors, construction/scrapbook paper, glue, tape, markers and pens. With some guidance here and there, let your kids go crazy!
- Piece de Resistance
– Mother’s day when it comes down to it is all about the pampering! With kids and a ton of things to do throughout the day, slowing down and just relaxing is a luxury not many moms can afford. A bubble bath is the epitome of relaxation and with a kit that has everything from a loofah to a pillow, she will have everything she needs to kick back in the comfort of her own home. Simply put all bath products in a cute basket, throw in a magazine, a bottle of wine and let her be!
Blog Author – Diana D, Bedding Expert