It’s that time of year again where everyone is setting resolutions that they hope to keep all year long. Setting resolutions and goals are hard, even for me! A lot of my goals tend to be unrealistic. So this year I sat down and thought about goals that are actually achievable! The best goals to set are the ones that will not only help to mentally but physically for the future focusing on becoming a better you! The most important kind of goals you can set are sleep goals! Sleep is so important to everyone. Sleep plays an important role in good health and well-being throughout everyones life! Sleep helps your brain work properly, helps with your physical health, and helps you function throughout the day. I know when I have a poor night of sleep, I can barely function the next day, and typically end up coming down with something in the matter of days! Let’s all vow to better rest and becoming a better self with sleep! More Sleep 2019!
Getting a good night of sleep, ya know can sometimes hard. It is either my brain cannot shut off or the neighbor’s dog is barking. There is always something! As important as sleep is, we should focus more on how to achieve sleep goals like setting the tone, limiting screen time, and having a comfy bed! Here are a couple ways to make sure you can achieve your sleep goals in 2019!
- Limit screen time at night: The lights from the screen and all those text messages and notifications coming through are a big distraction! Staring at the screen not only messes up your body’s internal clock, but it also makes it more difficult to actually fall asleep. Limiting screen time can be hard, but let’s try silencing your phone 30 minutes before bed! From there on, it will be easier to increase the time!
- Set the tone: Setting the tone will help you sleep! Darkness matters! Embrace the darkness! As the sun goes down earlier, it also comes up earlier. Get those blackening shades up to rest longer in the morning. If the shades don’t help, set the tone with a warm bath, some relaxing music, or a book! Put the phone down and give your brain some time to wind down.
- A Comfy Bed: You want the high-quality sleep, you are going to need high quality items. The mattress and pillows are the most important part of how well you sleep at night. Make sure your mattress is still in good shape! If it is older than 7 years old and you aren’t having good sleep quality, it might be time to think about getting a new one. Make sure your pillows are fluffed every night for maximum comfort. If your neck is sore when waking up, it is good idea to replace your pillows. If you need help, don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team, they are here to help!
- Sleep Schedule: This one will probably be the hardest one to follow (trust me, I struggle with this) but setting a time every night to go to bed and setting a time every morning to wake up! Although this might not seem like it at first, this will improve your overall sleep quality!
- Do more when the sun’s out: Being productive during the day will help your body when falling asleep. Going for a workout in the middle of the day or right after work will help you feel tired when you are ready to go to bed. A short walk outside will also help. Fresh air and exercise will help the body when it comes to falling asleep at night. You’ll want to enjoy as much sunlight as there is! The sunlight will keep our body’s internal clock in check.
2019 is going to be the year of sleep! Setting the goal to improve sleep quality is not selfish, it is necessary! Following these steps will help you become a better you in 2019!