In today’s society we live in a fast-paced and often stressful world that could also be overwhelming. National Relaxation day is August 15th and it’s a day about taking a step back to unwind and decompress. Too much stress can be harmful on your physical and mental health.
Here are a few ideas for celebrating and taking advantage of National Relaxation day:
- Read a book- I like to read outside in a comfortable and quiet surrounding where it is also cool. Parks are perfect for relaxing and reading under trees on a sunny day.
- Treat yourself to a massage- A massage can help free up all the tension you have in your muscles and help you feel rejuvenated.
- Go for a long walk- Sometimes you just need to get out of the house or out of the office chair and stretch. A long walk through the park can help stretch out and soak in some “me” time. Don’t dwell on the worries of work or chores; just take time to think about nothing.
- Take a long nap- When I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed a nice nap can be perfect for rejuvenating your mind and body. Naps often help solve problems that occurred during the day and can help make you more alert and awake to finish up the day. Try taking a nap on Pacific Pillows comfy featherbeds and pillows!
- Try Yoga- Yoga is perfect for stretching out those tense muscles! Turn on some relaxing music and do some simple yoga in your house or park. Yoga helps reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and improve heart function. Achieve peacefulness of body and mind with simple poses.
- Watch a movie- This is great if you just want to sit around and take your mind off things. Watch a comedy or your favorite movie and cozy up. This will take your mind off the reality of worries and help you escape into a fantasy.
Remember that today is a day to relax! Take this day to help rid you of the built up stress from the work week and rejuvenate your body and mind. These are just some simple ideas for relaxing but feel free to comment and add your own ways of relaxing. This will give our blog readers different perspectives on relaxation! Sleep well. Live well.
We are having a Relaxation Day Sale:
Save 30% on all orders over $125
Coupon code: RELAX
Coupon expires 11:59 pm PST on August 17th!!
Blog Author- Jesse, Channel Manager